Friday

Anamorphic Typography





  



While researching typographic styles and techniques I came across these quite unusual examples, called anamorphic typography. This is an idea based around illusion, with depth and perspective playing an integral part. 

Most commonly seen in corridors, doorways or open rooms, the type is plastered/painted down the walls and other surfaces at distorted angles. This makes the type pretty much unreadable, until that is, you are positioned in exactly the right place, then the type reads as if it was on a piece of invisible paper right in front of your face.

Now although I could perhaps achieve this digitally, that would be cheating, but I am certainly going to keep this idea of an 'illusion' in mind as I think it would be really interesting if I could some how incorporate that into my design solution.

 

1 comment:

  1. great work! :) have these been done by prrojecting the image on the wall with a projector and then painting on it?

    ReplyDelete