Friday

Typo poster styles.




I decided to look into typographic poster design. Out of all the ideas I had for 'a book that isn't a book' I think this is not only one of the most realistic outcomes, but also one of the most open and flexible. Posters are used for many things such as advertisement, art or simple expression. 
Here I have found 4 typo poster styles that caught my eye while researching. With Flatland being a story it is vital that the design be readable first and foremost, and although very different, I think each of these would serve that purpose well. Be it simple like the first image, busy and bold yet visually intriguing like the 2nd, chaotic but powerful like the 3rd or contemporary and exciting like the last.

The idea of a set of posters to display Flatland's story really interests me purely because it takes a book to a large scale, and if I can find a way to work my illusion idea into this I think I could produce some interesting designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment