Sunday

Chosen typefaces!

The decision has been made. I am to use Origami for the main 'illusion' type and Gill Sans for the body type. My reasoning behind Origami font, is that it is kind of segmented because it is made up of parallelograms, it also also one of the easier to read that I found. Another idea I've had, is that this typeface could change from chapter to chapter and represent whatever shape is in that chapters graphic. Confusing I know, but that is something that can be developed, for now this is my choice for chapter 1. And the reason I have chosen Gill Sans is because it has that slight edge to it that the likes of Helvetica doesn't. Also with the ideas I have in mind Helvetica would be the obvious and easy choice to take. Gill Sans will serve its purpose and do it well. I think I will keep Gill Sans throughout each chapter design for some continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment