Sunday

Typeface selections


 One of, if not the, most important element of these designs is the typeface selections. I am using two different typefaces in my designs, so started to look into finding the most suitable of 2 very different styles. 

I have settled on the fact that for the 'illusion' part of my design I want to use a type that is of the style I found in my research. These are bold, mostly quite contemporary, fonts that are either made up/from shapes or have elements of shapes. This is important for me as I am basing a lot of my styling around the topic of the book, the shapes and dimensions. This type still needs to be readable though and cannot be purely eye candy.

The second typeface I am looking into is for the main body text. I have decided this must be clear and simple, and very legible, so narrowed the options down to a choice of 3 sans serif typefaces. I am going to experiment with these that I have found and make a decision soon before I develop my designs any further.


No comments:

Post a Comment