Sunday

Supporting graphics

The first piece of design work I have done on this project is for the supporting graphics in my designs. Although I am yet to work on any layouts or grids, I just knew that I wanted these designs to be subtle and to represent the 2d into 3d idea.

Using illustrator I turned normal 2d shades into their 3d counterpart. I then positioned them so that it was as if you could visually see the 'evolution' happening. I don't know how I am going to use these graphics yet, but I decided that for each different chapter of the book the colour scheme and shapes could change. In a gallery setting this would give each room a different vibe and would make it much more of a visual spectical.

I am really happy with how these look at this stage. I have avoided bold colours and used smooth gradients to create a 'washy' look. I have also applied textures and patterns as overlays to give the designs more depth, as well as for aesthetic reasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment