Monday

Developing my designs


Here are a few examples of my developed designs. I have put my 5 column grid into action and think it has immediately given the designs more of a backbone. The two above are my favourite I think. I have really been influenced by the simplicity of the Swiss typo and also taken on board what I learned about the hierarchy of type. Mainly changing the sizes and styles of the type to bring prominence to important parts such at the title and chapter.

Below are the 2 other designs, I tried something different with these. Like in my initial designs earlier I have focused on the chapter information being the main focal point of the design. I have also works with the grid and tried spreading the type over a number of columns or having it all run down one column.

Out of all these designs I think the main elements I will take with me further are, the small paragraphs one column wide although I think these could be tighter and better set, the text having a white background as it is much easier to read, and also the importance of having the chapter number clear to see for practical reasons.  I feel like I am really close to a final outcome now, just need a few more tweaks.




No comments:

Post a Comment